Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

1500D calls

Occasional Contributor

1500D calls

We have a VVX1500D hooked up to an Avaya IP Office 8.0 phone switch. We require a 9 to get an outside line. On the phone I can only enter 9 digits so the last digit is always cut off and the call is mot completed.  I can make a station to station call with this phone and I care receive incoming calls on the phone so I know that it's registered with the phone switch.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: 1500D calls

The default digit map allows for 10-digit dialing so when you add a "9" on the front, the dialstring has 11 digits, so the phone does not allow for that last digit.

The easiest way to correct this is to access the phone's Web interface by using its IP Address in a web browser.  The default username/passwd is Polycom/456.

ON the SIP tab, there is section called "Digit Map"  You should see an entry that looks like "[2-9]xxxxxxxxx" Simply add a "9" in front of this so it looks like "9[2-9]xxxxxxxxx" and then save.

If the phone is provisioned automatically via provisioning server, you probably need to make this change in the config files instead of the web interface.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: 1500D calls

Hello jlavalleur,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

ResolutionPlease check => here <=

As Amobley118 already correctly outlined you will need to check your digitmap. Above post explains this in detail.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 3