Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have 2 IP330's running the software as below

Bootblock 2.7.0 (12200.001)

BootROM 4.1.3.0052

SIP Version 3.2.1.0054

The phones are configured to work with a 3CX based software PBX

When phone A is setup from the handset to forward calls to an external number it works, and when phone B is configured to do the same the forward to the external number fails. Upon digging deeper into the issue and capturing logs, I can see that the issue occurs as phone B is sending the contact URI in the 302 diversion header to our PBX in the format of SIP:external number@IP of handset. Phone A sends the information in the format SIP:external number@IP of PBX and this works?

I have trawled through the config files of the phones and can find no difference at all to explain this behaviour and wonder if anyone can offer any assistance? I need to get the non working phones working ASAP.

I do not want to upgrade firmware if at all possible for fear of breaking the working handsets!

Regards

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As the phones are most likely provisioned by the 3CX platform I can only advise you to contact the 3CX Support team.

If not please contact your Polycom Reseller and/or contact Polycom Support via the PPI (Pay per incident) Support procedure.

Most likely you or someone else has made some changes via the GUI or Web Interface that have overwritten the data that the phone was originally provisioned with.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

I have contacted 3CX and they have advised they dont support the phone based forwarding facility of Polycoms so wont look into it. I am very familiar with Polycom phone provisioning and how this works and have checked the macddress.cfg files of each of these phones side by side and there is no difference likewise there are no differences in the web GUI between the working and no working phone.

As 3CX have effectively advised they cant help, I turned to Polycom. As a reseller of Polycom phones and a partner who sells large numbers of Polycom handsets I was hoping for some assistance from Polycom directly?

If you can provide any pointers as to where the behaviour I have reported can be controlled within the configuration of the phones I would be very grateful? Is the difference in behaviour I am seeing even possible via a configurable parameter on the phones (either via a config file or GUI option)?

Regards

Paul

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

running pre UCS 3.3.x or UCS 4.0.x phone configuration usually involves a sip.cfg and phone1.cfg and additional other cfg files depending on your configuration.

In addition changes made to the GUI or the Web Interface are usually uploaded via the <mac>-phone.cfg if the server allows this.

There clearly must be a difference in the Phones settings and if you would be running UCS 4.0.x you could easily export the whole phone configuration and spot the difference.

As a Polycom Reseller you should be aware that the correct way to engage support is to raise a Web Ticket or call Polycom Support as the Community is not a replacement for the normal Polycom Support Process.

This is clearly outlined within the community and I am always ensuring to highlight this to other posters.

A Polycom Partner or End User may reply to you within the community but real support for a case needs to be raised directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.