Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have 2 Polycom 331's now doing this. It doesn't matter what I do it always reboots every about 7 seconds right when the count down timer just changes from 4 to 3. If I go to the admin menu it reboots, If I hold down 1,3,5,7 at startup to factory reset it the phone still reboots. It's powered by PoE from a Cisco 2960s which says it's using 4W and only 7% of the switches PoE capacity is in use. I also have a polycom CX600 and it works fine on the same port . Anyone know how to fix this?  

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

if you are having issues seeing the video it's here as well www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwbJrugl03M

HP Recommended

Hello Mr_Q,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing any history of these phones aka if they are brand new or used or what Software version they are running it's quite hard to make any suggestions.

We would need to see some logs or maybe even have them shipped to Polycom but this all is based on more details.

If they are new I would not expect this so contact your Polycom reseller and get these replaced.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Are you using any LLDP policy or port securtiy?  Do you have other Polycom 331's that are working connected to the same ports on that switch?  Did these two phones ever work?

What version of code do you have running on the 331's and have they recently been updated?

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen 

Thanks for the reply!

History: IPFX (SIP) server, 3 x Cisco 2960 switches, 5 x PC 331's and 1 PC Conference phone in the board room. They have been running rcok solid for almost 5 years.

There has been no known changes to the IPFX server or the Ciso switches. I'm about to confirm this 100%

I can't confirm the software currently on the phones, I can assume it's the same as the other phone on site and get that. (I'll update this in a bit)

When you logs do you mean on the phone or from the SIP server? 

HP Recommended

Yes we have 3 more PC 331's working fine.

When the first phone (I'll call Ph#1 for clarity) started rebooting I took it to another meeting room where there was a going phone (Ph#2) and plugged it in to the proven good port and it kept rebooting. When I then plugged Ph#2 that was good back in it started rebooting the same as Ph#1. My guess is that the power cycle caused this.

I tried connecting both phones directly to the switch, with both ports do the same thing.

We run a seperate VLAN for the phones that uses the IPFX server as the DHCP. I plugged the phones in to my test computer LAN connection. What normally happens is they get an IP address in the Computer address range but don't make calls, but they kept rebooting.    

I have a PC 331 on the way from another office (Ph#3) it has been tested and is known good I hope it arrives today. I'm going to try it on the same port and see what happens.

Currently I'm at a loss to work out what has changed to cause this, obviously something has. Today I'm starting at the switches and working back to the server to see if there's been any changes at all.       

HP Recommended

Hello Mr_Q,

certain things can affect the lifespan of a phone. Depending on your circumstances aka how many reboots / configuration changes etc. the phones may simple outside this cycle.

I suggest you check these phones on another switch or another phone with this switch and once determined that the fault is with the phones look into replacing them.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.