Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

For previous 3.xx, the bootrom had to reside in the home path of the boot server.

Does this apply to 4.0x as well?

For example, can I have 4.01 in the home path for some phones, then have another phone boot to 4.02 under "/402"?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hello xmel,

Please ensure you are reading the message that pop's up when you download the UCS software.

In addition check the FAQ as this is all documented.

Regards

Steffen
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This kind of answer is precisely what leaves me frustrated with the whole Polycom support experience, and leaves me wondering what exactly one would post in the community forums, and get a positive response.  It always seems to come down to "read the documentation.  if reading the documentation doesn't help, open a ticket." Meanwhile, documentation is outdated and incomplete, and Polycom is missing out on what could be a great community-driven support experience.

If I could make a suggestion, a better reply would be to answer the question, and simply cite where the answer came from, explaining how you found the answer.

For an example of documentation that is outdated, see tech bulletin 58300, which suggests that command line access is limited on the VVX models to the VVX 1500, which is no longer true.  It's also unclear in the doc whether or not 'tech support' refers to a reseller's tech support team, or ONLY Polycom Tech support.

HP Recommended

Hello aconlon,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The reply is based on other post made by this user and some of them fail to look into the FAQ as suggested on previous occasions and meant as a reminder for this individual user.

The FAQ or the community search covers most common issues and repeating the same over and over again will not help anyone.

The post you had replied to is nearly 2 years old and a lot of content has been added to the FAQ since then explaining things in more detail.

I am actually struggling to find any reference on the official Polycom website to the 58300 technical bulletin. Could you kindly point out the hyperlink that is being advertised?

Please be aware that End Customers cannot directly contact Polycom technical support and all tier 1 / level 1 support must be requested via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.