Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I ran into an interesting problem where the 4.1.0.85402 release doesnt send rfc2833 RTPEVENTs during the early media phase of the call (after the 183 and before the 200 OK).  Normally, I would chalk this up to not seeing telephone-event/8000 in the SDP, but in this case it is set.  This is having the unfourtunate affect of preventing LD calls outbound (as we need to enter an account code to reach the PSTN).  This seems to be working on the 5.2.x series firmwares for the VVX'es and the 4.0.8 firmware but not on the 4.1.0 firmware.   I looked in the release notes for 4.1.1 and couldnt find a reference to a problem like this.  Has anyone else seen this or is it a bug of some kind or is there a parameter that affects the handling of out of band rfc2833 digits during the early media phase of the call?

The models i tested with and are affected are:

• IP331 / 335
  • IP450
  • IP550
  • IP650

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Ron Stephens,

Did you ever follow up your initial post => here <=

As already replied to you in your first post UC Software 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 is for LYNC only !

If you are running the phones of a SIP Switch please use 4.0.9 which is currently the latest supported Version for SIP.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Ron Stephens,

Did you ever follow up your initial post => here <=

As already replied to you in your first post UC Software 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 is for LYNC only !

If you are running the phones of a SIP Switch please use 4.0.9 which is currently the latest supported Version for SIP.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

this is likely the solution.  I will test and report back

HP Recommended

i installed the latest open sip version (4.0.9) and now things work as expected.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.