Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

4-way conference on VVX450

SOLVED
Frequent Advisor

4-way conference on VVX450

Hi,

I have a VVX450, firmware 5.9.1 (latest as of this post). I am looking to do a 4-way conference.

- I have feature.nWayConference.enabled="1"

- When I join the first two participants, I do have a "manage" button to mute participants (if I understand correctly, it means nWay is indeed enabled.

I just don't know how to add a third one. I do not get the "conf" option anymore at that point.  What's the exact key sequence to add a fourth participant?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 4-way conference on VVX450

Hi @

Message 2 of 6
Frequent Advisor

This is all good for a 3-way conference, but I'm looking for a 4-way conference. This is explicitely set in the provisioning files as an enabled feature.

The exact sequence (including what is missing) is:

- Call someone

- Press more than conf

- call the second party

- Once second party answers, press more and conf

- ???

We have have a three-way conference.  How do I add an additionnal participant?

Message 3 of 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @mgaudette ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The maximum on a VVX phone is 3

Source: Admin Guide 

I updated the FAQ post:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: What is the maximum amount of participants in a conference call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Frequent Advisor

Thank you - dissapointing that Polycom removed such a feature from newer phones, but at least I'll stop finding a way to do something undoable.

Mike

Message 5 of 6

N-way might be supported by your PBX (so N-way call is hosted on your PBX, not the phone), if it does - you'd need to enabled "network conferencing" by entering proper URL in the phone's config.

But yes, I agree that's a commonly asked question and I wish VVX phones were like 550s/650s in this way. 

Message 6 of 6