Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are on version 5.2.0 and looking to upgrade to the latest.  Is there an advantage in going to 5.2.3 versus 5.3.1?  I have been reviewing the release notes and I wanted to find out if the fixes contained in the 5.2.x train are included in 5.3.1.  Thanks!

5.2.0 released 09/2014

5.2.2 released 03/2015

5.2.3 released 05/2015

5.3.0 released 03/2015

5.3.1 released 07/2015

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

In our environment both 5.2.3 and 5.3.1 have been pretty stable.  UCS 5.3.1 has a pretty common issue where the welcome screen stays up after a reboot.  If you are using BToE and can work around the welcome screen issue I would recommend 5.3.1 as it will give you conferencing controls on the phone. 

If you are not using BToE or do not want/need on phone conferencing then 5.2.3 might be a better choice.

I believe 5.3.1 has all the fixes that are in 5.2.3 and most of the fixes that are in 5.4.0.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

Please be aware that we now have a dedicated Skype for Business section.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Wow that is grate news!  Will you be adding it to the community home page?  Right now it is pretty hard to find so you really would have to know it was there to go looking for it.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.