Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a bug, tested with 5.3 and 5.4 on a VVX500 (Lync 2013)

If you set the ring type to Silent Ring, when you receive a call, you can't pickup the call using the handset. Instead it triggers a new call.

The only way to pickup the call is to click on answer button on the VVX screen, or use the Lync popup (BTOE)

(I have already open a case with my resealer but maybe it can accelerate the process, we really need to set some phone to silent)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Doum,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

This is actually working as designed and described => here <=

• When your SoundPoint IP phone is configured for silent ring, you will need to retrieve your incoming calls differently.

Normally you would lift the handset when you receive an incoming call. For a line configured for silent ring, if
    you lift the handset (or press the Speakerphone or Headset keys), your phone will select the primary line and present you with a dial tone instead of answering the incoming call.
    Instead press the ringing Line key or the Answer soft key to answer the call. If your handset is off hook, the call is routed to the handset. If your handset is on hook, the call is routed to the speaker

The above is also applicable to VVX phones.

Have you tried to simply reduce the Volume on these Phones in question instead?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm not sure to understand how it can be useful
But even more with Lync, because you can't have multiple lines configured on your phone.

We can't reduce volume. We want to use silent ring for delegate (boss/admin) for some "secondary" delegate (for when the principal delegate is absent) so the "secondary" delegate is not always disturbed by ring tone.

HP Recommended

Hello Doum,

single line limitation on LYNC is a current restriction. 

I suggest you work with your Polycom reseller to be brought into touch with a Polycom sales engineer to raise this via a feature request and be able to be updated on the roadmap for future releases.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.