Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am setting up our provisioning server for this new release.  I am stuck on what has been simple in the past on other relases.

I am sure I am just not paying attention but since I have burned the better part of the day on this I am going to ask.

I am trying to set the ADMIN password and have followed the directions in the ADMIN guide on page 231.  As I understand this I need to add/modify:

Here is what we have set now:

000000000000.cfg

CONFIG_FILES="site.cfg,features.cfg,device.cfg"

Site,cfg

<sec.pwd><sec.pwd.length sec.pwd.length.admin="4" sec.pwd.length.user="4"></sec.pwd.length></sec.pwd>

Device.cfg

device.set="1"(this was not in the insrtuctions but I beleive it needs to be set to 1?)
<device.auth device.auth.localAdminPassword="XXXX" device.auth.localUserPassword="XXXX">
<device.auth.localAdminPassword device.auth.localAdminPassword.set="1">
</device.auth.localAdminPassword><device.auth.localUserPassword device.auth.localUserPassword.set="1">
</device.auth.localUserPassword></device.auth>

We placed these files on the provisioning server and watched the VVX500 pick up the files.

Any ideas or can you point me to something that will help?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello kt4vq,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC server
If LYNC or Skype please provide Version details and if these are on premise of off premise

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In regards to the above are you placing these files into the root directory ?

I suggest you check the logs to verify that the phone is actually loading these and export the configuration to double check.

There is also this FAQ post:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the Standard Username and Password for a Polycom Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

It shows an example of the Admin Password Configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, thanks for the reply.

I apologize for not providing everything you wanted.  I think I have followed all of your directions but I will admit I have stared at this so long I could be simply looking over the issue.

Any advice you can throw my way is much appreciated.

The release is 5.4.1.14510

Using a VVX500

Assembly: 3111-44500-001 RevA

P/N 3150-11530-541

We are using SIP

I visited the link in your response and think I followed directions

Still no luck.

Here are settings I have in place:

<device device.set="1">
<auth device.auth.localAdminPassword.set="1" device.auth.localAdminPassword="1212"/>
<device.auth device.auth.localAdminPassword="1212" device.auth.localUserPassword=""><device.auth.localAdminPassword device.auth.localAdminPassword.set="1"></device.auth.localAdminPassword><device.auth.localUserPassword device.auth.localUserPassword.set="0"></device.auth.localUserPassword></device.auth>
<sec.pwd><sec.pwd.length sec.pwd.length.admin="4" sec.pwd.length.user="4"></sec.pwd.length></sec.pwd>

I feel like the VVX500 is getting the device.cfg, site.cfg and features.cfg.  Here is my log file.

Log files

000015.817|so   |*|00|Configuration files: site.cfg,features.cfg,device.cfg
000015.817|so   |*|00|Configuration file "site.cfg" SHA1 digest: 175A6456678A7A2C25428CFED77BD10C210309E3
000015.817|so   |*|00|Configuration file "features.cfg" SHA1 digest: FE8C4D032592E15ACAE7C109F5E4D2D52B5518AC
000015.817|so   |*|00|Configuration file "device.cfg" SHA1 digest: 556B8B60E4B5F6A256A3777D15CC83D675BA5630

Would it help if I loaded the actual files?

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen, in this thread you mentioned that I needed to insure the VVX500 was actually picking up the files from the provisioning server.  My post just prior to this post shows all of the files are being picked up by the VVX500 and I also included cut-n-paste of the entries I have entered on in the provisioning files.

I can change the password via the GUI interface but not with provisioning file.

Do you have any advise?

HP Recommended

Hello kt4vq,

I am currently traveling and we do not provide free support via the Polycom community.

If this is an urgent issue I can only urge you to raise this with your Polycom reseller so our support team can analyze the logs and configuration.

If you fail to identify your reseller please provide me with a serial number of one of the affected units.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.