Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

5.6.0 fails to download on VVX 601 units

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: 5.6.0 fails to download on VVX 601 units

I am having similar issue since yesterday.

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I reported this to our IT team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We are having the same issue with 601's that I just set up today.

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello untitledrob,

please see my previous reply. You can always download the SIP.ld files and setup a provisioning server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

To get around this issue for now you can use Polycom's provisioning server. This will allow phone to get provisioned with the newest software 5.6.0. Tested this on VVX 601 and it works. 

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

I ended up throwing the 5.6.0 split package onto my provisioning server. After a reboot of the 601 it was upgraded from 5.5.2 to 5.6.0. 

Message 7 of 7