I have a customer with a number of 550's deployed. We started investigating an issue based on time incorrect after DST change but in the process have identified an issue where the phone is not downloading configuration files from the FTP server correctly.
I have turned on verbose logging on the FTP server and can see the test phone connecting from the client. It logs in successfully to the FTP server and then issues a "PWD" command and a "PASV" command. At that point there is no further commands from the phone and 17 seconds later it initiates a completely new login to the FTP server. This repeats continuously.
Can anyone help identify what is going on? There are new configuration files that it should download but does not. I see no other activity from the phone except repeated logins to the FTP server. I was going to attempt updating firmware but it will not connect to download current version. I would rather not completely reset the phone as there are a number of phones that would need to be reconfigured at different locations. Help??
welcome to the Polycom Community.
I can only assume this is a firewall issue.
In addition tt is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.
This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.
Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:
Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services
Thank you for the response.
It is definitely not a firewall issue as I brought one of the phones into the same location as the server and am connecting on the same LAN subnet.
The version loaded is 220.127.116.1107.
It does seem to be related to the FTP server rather than the phone. The biggest challenge is that I have very little logging provided from either side of the connection. Only that it seems to disconnect/reconnect.
I setup another FTP server and was able to get the phone to connect correctly to it so I am investigating the problem FTP server more deeply.