Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey guys,

Anybody had trouble with the old 550's running 3.2.3 loosing their configs for no apparent reason?

Additionally I am seeing in my Enswitch provisioning field for these phones this strange config-command

<sip><keys key.IP_550.9.function.prim="Null"/></sip>

I am not sure what this is doing or why it would be in there at all...can anybody explain it?

The only additional provisioning I ever add is the call waiting commands

<call><callWaiting call.callWaiting.ring="beep"/></call>

This is really bugging me.  Any Ideals or info?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello rmagin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The easiest way to find out would be to liaise with your SIP provider enswitch and find out what they are provisioning to the phone.

Looking at the SIP 3.2.2 Admin Guide => here <= on Page C - 16 shows the key with the Null function is the DND Key.

Null in this case means do nothing so the DND key is de-activated.

Please work with your provider to find out what they are doing and why they are doing it.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you,

I did find out the dnd was being disabled per request by some customers so that would not be affecting the loss of config.

I have had my asterisk vendor look and they do not see anything wrong with the configs or with the operation of the switch.

I have over 800 other phones with 220 offices that are not loosing configs. This is specfic to this one location so there has to be some commonality I can identify. 

I will continue to examine the customer side then to see if I can identify any power issues or option 66 injections  that might be scrambling the NVRAM chip as that is the only thing that makes sense.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello rmagin,

I am still not sure what you mean by loss of config.

What Configuration is lost ? The one provisioned by your server?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

What seems to be wiped out are the server menus selections specifying server type and address

and in the Ethernet menu the VLan ID goes from the default  blank or 0  to Vlan 2...

What has me wondering if this is specific to the 550 and 3.2.3 is that most of my clients are running 450's  new 550's and 650's for desktop stations all running 3.3.2. or newer UC  I do have lots of customer legacy equipment running from 2.8.0 to 3.2.3 mainly with the old 331's that do not seem to loose configs.  The config loss seems to be contained and localized to only this one customer. running 550's with 3.2.3.

My next step will be to offer to upgrade a couple of them for the customer and see if they stabilize.

This post was originally for informational purposes to see if anyone else had run into this same issue.

Rich

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.