Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm having a problem with a specific Polycom Soundpiont 650.

In short, this phone was a client re-use install for a new 3CX system. 

So I tried to update it via the polycom provisioning site to 407.   Phone refused.   Tried to use the dg folder on the polycom provisioning site, phone seemed to try to download the bootrom, but was stuck on saving. 

So I decided to download the software to a local ftp server manually assign the phone a static IP on the same subnet as the ftp. 

Didn't seem to work.  So then I downloaded the individual software and bootrom from the support site.  It seemed to work enough for me to boot the phone and see the basic SoundPoint lettering on line 1.  However, I was unable to access the web gui to do anything. 

Each time, seems to freeze on Saving new bootROM.   I know the phone is downloading the bootROM, but just freezes on " saving new bootrom"

Any suggestions how to best proceed?  Bottom line I need to get this phone to a 3cx compatible version of app/bootrom and able to access the web gui.   

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello sean.suntelnetworks,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I had originally removed the reference to the Polycom support server as this is for support customers only and must not be used by anyone else as the server cannot withstand a larger audience. You since seem to have edited your post.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The latest Software is UC Software 4.0.10 and the Updater/Upgrader 5.0.8 so you should try this and then check the logs on your local FTP server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Understood.  Yes, I did edit my post as I was unaware that the provisioning server wasn't public knowlegde (as it pops up as first result on google). 

I'll try the latest application / updater as you suggested and report back. 

HP Recommended

hmm... I can't seem to find the Updater 5.0.8 for the 650.  Only seems to be accessible for the 6000/7000

Suggestions on where to find it for the 650?

HP Recommended

hmm.  Still not working.  

Anyone willing to help me work this out step by step?

HP Recommended

Hi

download:

Unzip both and follow the FAQ with the FTP details.

The Updater is included in the SIP files for the SoundPoint

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions exactly. 

Downloaded both the 4.4 updater and the 410 application.  Unzipped them both to the same directory.  Pointed the ftp user to said directory.  

When phone tries to update bootroom, it downloads said 4.4 BootROM but when "saving new bootROM", Phone seems to freeze.  Even leaving the phone for 10 minutes and no progress bar movement. 

Current bootROM seems to be 4.5 (when I last tried to dowgrade the phone)

HP Recommended

Seems that I can only use the 3.X application as I was able to update to 335.

Suggestions on why I can't seem to update the bootrom/updater to 4.4?

EDIT:

Looks like I didn't wait long enough.  Took about 15 minutes to save the 4.4 BootRom.  Once I did that, I was able to update the application to 4.10

However, I'm unable to access the web gui.   I can ping the phone from the local ftp server, but unable to access the gui.   The user name/password never prompts.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.