Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

Just got a Trio 8800. The version is 5.7.1.4145. The P/N is 3111-65290-001 REV:A  The base profile is set to Skye For business

The goal here is to use this as our conference phone with our Avaya IP Office 500 system.  Can this phone by registered in there as a conference phone?  I'm having a hell of a time getting it to provision on my voice vlan by plugging it in. Makes no sense, as my other endpoint phones work fine.

We have Skype for business through office 365 so want to be able to use that for video or audio calls too.  What do I have to do to get this to work?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @jonb93 ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Polycom Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Office 365

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So I'm trying to understand this.   Firstly, I want to be able to use skype for internal meetings and such with employees, but if we need to have a conf with a vendor, be able to use my Avaya system to dial out via SIP and make a bridge that way.

It sounds like I can do it this way by setting up two different lines? per that link you sent?

HP Recommended

Hello @jonb93 ,

yes.

Please ensure you are reading and understanding the instructions / examples in the linked FAQ post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you, but the link you sent, some of the options I dont have in my GUI like the ones you have in the screenshots. I'm doing a software upgrade to see if that fixes the issue.

HP Recommended

So I worked throught that and still havnt gotten far. I can't see to get the phone registered to my IP office 500 with SIP.

I even tried following this guide:

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/cb7270a0-e54e-4144-9bba-56c0a4a999e2

HP Recommended

So I found this in my trace

2686766690mS Sip: SIP REG: no licence for SIP endpoint 1458@10.10.21.253
2686766691mS SIP Tx: UDP 10.10.21.253:5060 -> 10.10.21.145:5060
SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.10.21.145;branch=z9hG4bKd5a9ad32C52E8FB8
From: "1458" <sip:1458@10.10.21.253>;tag=1DCDEA6B-E39F2EC7
To: <sip:1458@10.10.21.253>;tag=3ae9abc66169250e
Call-ID: bf1b3cf272b2332190f98447737513b5
CSeq: 1 REGISTER
User-Agent: IP Office 7.0 (31)
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, NOTIFY, INFO, SUBSCRIBE, REGISTER, PUBLISH
Supported: timer
HP Recommended

Hello @jonb93 ,

I have highlighted your problem in RED. I suggest you work with Avaya

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.