Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

911 Calls fail on VVX due to incorrect RURI

SOLVED
Ronak
Occasional Advisor

911 Calls fail on VVX due to incorrect RURI

hello team,

We are having a serious issue, when we dial 911 from polycom phone, the SIP invite says 911@<outboundproxy> instead of 911@<Custoemrdomainname> as an result the call is failing to 911, other callls like 611 are working fine since the RURI is 611@<Custoemrdomainname>, how to disable that on VVX phone?

I am runing 5.2 version.

Regards

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ronak
Occasional Advisor

Re: 911 Calls fail on VVX due to incorrect RURI

We are able to fix the issue, for those who encounter the same issue just add below scrit and will work fine

<dialplan.routing>
<dialplan.routing.emergency dialplan.routing.emergency.1.value=911@%%CxDomain%% />
</dialplan.routing>

thank you

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Ronak,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 5.2.0 is completely outdated and also unsupported so I suggest you update to UC Software 5.5.1

The next action AFTER this is to open a support ticket if the issue still occurs.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 7
Ronak
Occasional Advisor

thank you for reply, besides updating the firmware, do you know if Polycom phones have some sort of spesicl treatment for 911 calls? 

Message 3 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Ronak,

Not knowing what call server and what region you are in I cannot answer this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 7
Ronak
Occasional Advisor

I am in toronto, Canada, we are using Genband as call server. 

Message 5 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Ronak,

Steps for you to do:

1. Upgrade to a currently supported Version
  2. If this fails work with GenBand who can open a support ticket with Polycom support for you

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 7
Ronak
Occasional Advisor

We are able to fix the issue, for those who encounter the same issue just add below scrit and will work fine

<dialplan.routing>
<dialplan.routing.emergency dialplan.routing.emergency.1.value=911@%%CxDomain%% />
</dialplan.routing>

thank you

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7