Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

In our production environment, I have been told that calls made to 911 from Polycom 321 phones drop the call after 60 seconds (Call log in switchvox confirms call was hung up on at exactly 60 seconds. This has happened several times) 

Calls made from a Polycom 550 work without issue. 

This is really puzzling me because both the 321 and 550 are being provisioned from the same tftp server, and all the configuration files, appear to be exactly the same.  (maybe to much the same)

Anyone have any idea at something I should look at? Or what I should look at?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Yikes, that's ... scary. :Surprise:

I'm sorry I don't have the answer for the OP but I am subscribing to this thread so hopefully I'll be notified when someone figures it out.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I had a similar problem dialing a toll free number.

It turned out to be at 60 seconds if the remote gateway does not respond with a 200 OK for the phone's INVITE it will drop the call.

Changed the "call.offeringTimeOut =”0”"  which sets the timeout window to "infinity".

Please take a trace to determine whether it is the same issue.

Best Regards,

Kumudu

HP Recommended

Thanks,  I have changed this in the config for the phones in question... I was going to test it, but call 911 isn't taken very nicely and the thought of telling 911 you are testing and would like them to hold the line open for the next oh say 90 seconds...

Anyways our nurses are going to report back on the next time 911 is called,  really I'm watching the log in the phone switch.  So as I see it work I'll mark it a resolved....

HP Recommended

Do you have your 911 calls routed over a different trunk or technology than "normal" calls?  I'm not sure why only calls to 911 would be affected by this setting.

HP Recommended

After several days they reported that it still drops calls to 911,  Any other ideas would be great

HP Recommended

Hello Rappenp,

do you have a syslog server so you could monitor the Phone or run a Wireshark Trace?

Also setup a Log via FTP on this phone so you can force with the Multiple Key Combination that the current log is uploaded

A SIP="2" Log Level change should be sufficient to capture some data.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,  I took a trace of a call to 911 (I'll try to attach it)

Anyway all seems fine until at:

No. 97317 It say ICMP 70 Destination unreachable (Port unreachable)

Then I see a Cancel, ack and a few register to the phone switch.

At this point I'll ask the community for comments 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would recommend that you post your configs without the server and credential details because this really looks like a config issue. The setting that you actually want to change is call.ringBackTimeOut to either 0 or a timer acceptable for your deployment.

A previous poster recommended call.offeringTimeOut, but that is for incoming calls. The call.ringBackTimeOut is for outbound calls.

Hope that helps.

-Chad

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.