Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am very much new to Polycom phone, I would appreciate if I can have advice for setting up Acoustic Fence feature on VVX 601.

I am following admin guide below, and so far by Acoustic Fence feature seems working by applying those parameters.

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-ag-5-8-1/page/r-ucs-ag-acoustic-fence-parameters.html

I would like to fine tune noise suppression threshould parameters like below for both handset and headset (I am using Plantronics CS540 for headset) and wondering how I can dynamically tweak while I am making a call.

voice.ns.hd.nonStationaryThresh
voice.ns.hs.nonStationaryThresh

I thought VVX 601 may have a page to tweak those parameter, I thought it will be visible by enabling below but so far I don't see it.

feature.acousticFenceUI.enabled="1"

Any comment would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @domosute,

On the physical phone press the Menu Key => Settings => Basic => Preferences

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @domosute,

welcome to the Polycom Community.
The Parameter is simply there to enable the Menu Item aka  Basic -> Basic -> Preferences > Acoustic Fence Configuration.

The only way to apply the parameters would be importing them via the Web Interface.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I see "Home", "Simple Setup", "Preference", "Settings", "Diagnostics" and "Utilities" in a menu bar, but I can't find "Basic" selection.  (See attached)

When I export configuration, (All Configuration, (except Device settings)), I see below parameters since I manually embedded them in .cfg file, I think Acoustic Fence is enabled, but I can't find UI section on the phone.

feature.acousticFenceUI.enabled="1"
voice.aec.hd.enable="1"
voice.aes.hd.enable="1"
voice.ns.hd.enable="1"
voice.ns.hd.enhanced="1"
voice.ns.hd.nonStationaryThresh="4"
voice.ns.hs.nonStationaryThresh="4"
FYI, my software version of the phone is below.
Any suggestion would be appreciated!

UC Software Version 5.8.1.6389

Updater Version 5.9.6.6357

HP Recommended

Hello @domosute,

Apologize I meant Settings > Basic > Preference > Point 16 should be Acoustic Fence

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Sorry I am looking very closely, but I don't see "Basic" sub tab under "Settings" tab...  (See attached)

Am I missing something for it to be shown?

HP Recommended

Hello @domosute,

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Ah, thank you!  Not the web interface, but the physical phone!  I am humbled.

Yes, under "Menu Key"-> "Basic" -> "Preferences", I saw "Acoustic Fence" category at the very bottom of the list.

Once I tap "Acoustic Fence", I saw setting for "1. headset" and "2. handset".

When I tap "1. headset" and tap "On", my VVX 601 rebooted immediately, and both "1. headset" and "2. handset" became "On" after reboot.

When I export configuration via Web UI's "Utilities" -> "Import & Export Configuraitons" -> "Export Coniguration" -> "All Configuration (except Device Settings)", I saw below parameters appeared additionally.

voice.aec.hd.enable="1"
voice.aes.hd.enable="1"
voice.ns.hd.enable="1"
voice.ns.hd.enhanced="1"

Assuming "voice.ns.hs.enhanced" wasn't appearing, I guess because it is enabled by default.

voice.ns.hs.enhanced="1" (default)

Also, threshold values like below are also not showing up either, I guess default value will be applied once Acoustic Fence feature is enabled.

I guess admin user is responsible tweaking those value depending upon the environment.

voice.ns.hs.nonStationaryThresh="8" (default)
voice.ns.hd.nonStationaryThresh="8" (default)

Just curiou how to adjust the threshold setting, when I tested from my environment, where is mostly quiet, I noticed speaker's voice sometime wasn't picked up when headset was used.  Maybe mic needs to be closer, I need to play with the value a little bit to make it work, but are those threshold parameters dynamically updated if it is changed?

Or the phone reboot is necessary for the parameter to take effect?

It will be nice to be changed from phone UI eventually though.

In anycase, I am happy to know how to access to Acoustic Fence UI.

One of the best feature why I selected VVX 601.

Thank you, Steffen!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.