Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Active Directory Contact / Lync 2013

ChrisDB1
Advisor

Active Directory Contact / Lync 2013

Hi,

Following Environment;

VVX500, Lync 2013, UCS 5.3.1.0436

I've created a Contact in AD, with a First Name, Surname, Display Name and Phone number. The Lync address book picked it up and it Displays in the Lync Client with it's Display Name.

When I add the contact as a favourite and it displays on the VVX500 display it appears as a e.164 number and unknown underneath.

Is there any way to get it to display the Name that's in Lync/AD?

Thanks,

Chris

1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Active Directory Contact / Lync 2013

Hello Chris,

I believe this is already addressed in 5.4.0 but is not yet addressed in 5.3.1

In addition can you try and add a Email address to the contatc ?

If it still fails in 5.4.0 please work with your Polycom reseller to get a ticket raised with Polycom support and quote VOIP-103774

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2