Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Active Directory Contact / Lync 2013

Highlighted
Advisor

Active Directory Contact / Lync 2013

Hi,

Following Environment;

VVX500, Lync 2013, UCS 5.3.1.0436

I've created a Contact in AD, with a First Name, Surname, Display Name and Phone number. The Lync address book picked it up and it Displays in the Lync Client with it's Display Name.

When I add the contact as a favourite and it displays on the VVX500 display it appears as a e.164 number and unknown underneath.

Is there any way to get it to display the Name that's in Lync/AD?

Thanks,

Chris

1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Active Directory Contact / Lync 2013

Hello Chris,

I believe this is already addressed in 5.4.0 but is not yet addressed in 5.3.1

In addition can you try and add a Email address to the contatc ?

If it still fails in 5.4.0 please work with your Polycom reseller to get a ticket raised with Polycom support and quote VOIP-103774

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2