Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Add Contact to Line Key Through Provisioning Server

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Add Contact to Line Key Through Provisioning Server

Is it possible to add a contact to a phone (VVX 410 running firmware 5.5.1.15937) and have it occupy one of the line keys through a provisioning server? I've been able to manually add a contact to a phone by going to Home > Directories > Contact Directory and then adding the contact but I'd like to able to do this through the provisioning server so that I can push out this setting to a number of phones.

EDIT: I should add that we are using these phones for Skype for Business and they are configured to use the Lync base profile.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Add Contact to Line Key Through Provisioning Server

Hello @Martin Palmer,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Add Contact to Line Key Through Provisioning Server

Hello @Martin Palmer,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2