Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a switchvox system using IP560 and IP330 phones.  Currently when we dial an internal extension it just displays the extension number you dialed.  I would like for it to once it startes ringing the other party to display that party's extension name.  Anyone know the configuration to make this work?  We are not using tokens.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello JasonB,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already discussed in this post => here <= the feature to match outgoing calls is not implemented.

As you have not stated what UCS/SIP Software you are running I recommend the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide from => here <= as this mentions the following on Page A - 125:

up.useDirectoryNames

If set to 1, the name fields of the local contact directory entries which match incoming calls will be used for caller identification display and in the call lists instead of the name provided through network signaling.

Note: There is no matching of outgoing calls. There is no matching to corporate directory entries.

Above requested feature is a basic functionality in many SIP Switches like Asterisk etc. and you should work with switchvox to get this feature working from their end.

An alternative could be raising this via your Polycom Reseller as a Feature request if you can provide a business case for it.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.