Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm trying to adjust the handset volume on someSoundPoint phones. This is not an issue of it being reset after each call (I already have voice.volume.persist.handset="1" ) but the total volume available to the user. I've tried adjusting the gain settings as described in the XSD with no luck. I'm currently testing this on a 550 running 4.0.7 but will need to apply it to several other SoundPoints as well.

Currently I have this in place:

<voice>
    <voice.volume>
      <voice.volume.persist voice.volume.persist.handset="1" voice.volume.persist.handsfree="1" voice.volume.persist.headset="1">
      </voice.volume.persist>
    </voice.volume>
     <voice.gain>
      <voice.gain.rx>
        <voice.gain.rx.analog>
          <voice.gain.rx.analog.handset='12'>
          </voice.gain.rx.analog.handset>
          </voice.gain.rx.analog>
          <voice.gain.rx.digital>
            <voice.gain.rx.digital.handset="12"/>
          </voice.gain.rx.digital>
        </voice.gain.rx>
          </voice.gain>
</voice>

with no luck. The only result i can get is by setting the digital value too high, at which point the volume selector goes between Full and None in one step, with no change on the handset. The XSD has this:

25104	<xsd:attribute name="voice.gain.rx.analog.handset" type="SInt_neg_90_90">
  <xsd:annotation><xsd:documentation>number min -90 max 90 default 0.</xsd:documentation></xsd:annotation>

but other posts on here and elsewhere say to increment by 3 with max values of +/-15.

Any help is appreaciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello brendan1122,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever find a solution for your original problem => here <=

If yes it would be kind if you could reply.

In regards of any of these volume Parameters.

None of these should be modified before prior consulting with Polycom support. Please work with your Polycom reseller to open a Service Ticket.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am working with the reseller, but the XSD values aren't giving us the desired results, hence me opening this ticket. Your post also doesn't include link in the ' => here <='.

Can you tell me if these values are correct, of if not what they should be or where I can find more information on the volume levels?

HP Recommended

Hello brendan1122,

I updated the Link.

I am unable to provide these as we need a ticket so we can verify the correct values for the country of your residence.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

How does my country of residence matter in adujsting the handset volume? I want to change it over the default, so the current settings are irrelevant. I don't need the current values I need to know how to adjust them.

This is for use in the US. Is the code snippit I provided earlier the correct way to adjust the volume? It is not currently working. If this is not the right place to do this can you please tell us where to do that?

HP Recommended

Hello brendan1122,

there are certain regulatory restrictions depending where these phones are used based and therefore we do not normally publicly discuss these gain settings.

In addition these vary per phone model so we usually work with our engineering teams and base any suggestions on their recommendations.

There are differences between the termination of the signal aka handset, speaker or headset so please go ahead as advised and work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of your local Polycom support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Can you please tell me where I can edit the settings? Even if there are regulatory requirements for defaults there is no good reason to keep that information from the end user especially if they want to change it themselves. Is it simply not possible? If so please tell me so I can stop wasting our time.

I am trying to change the m ax volume on the handset  on a soundpoint 335. Is it possible to change the maximum handset volume on a Soundpoint 335? If so what settings do I need to modify in the configuration? If not please tell me that.

HP Recommended

Hello brendan1122,

I believe I explained why I am unable to do so via the community.

I outlined the next step for yourself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.