Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Anyone know the difference soundpoint ip450 and vvx300/310

Occasional Visitor

Anyone know the difference soundpoint ip450 and vvx300/310

Does anyone know the differences are between soundpoint ip450 and vvx300/310? they seem to be alike. Using ip based configuration and such. I've seen providers requiring vvx over soundpoint ip. Saying that our old phones won't work. I asked why and they would'nt give me a straight answer to why we can't use the soundpoint ip450. Something in the configuartions.

I just don't buy it. please help. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Anyone know the difference soundpoint ip450 and vvx300/310

Hello jcal,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundPoint and SoundStation IP range will be discontinued at some point.

In addition there is no real feature development for these phones anymore as our VVX range from VVX101 to the VVX600 covers all aspects of customer requirements.

Many new features are only available on the VVX and your provider probably may not want to run different platforms to maintain.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2