Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an issue that's really annoying a few people here using Lync 2013 and VVX410/500 phones running UCS 5.3.

If you're on a call and about to transfer the call to another number, at this point if another call comes into you, the transfer key changes to a 'forward' and all that happens if you do not watch very carefully is the new call is forwarded directly to where you were tansferring too.

This is REALLY annoying and hopefully somthing someone out there can help me configure out. At the moment, we have to wait around 10 seconds for the transfer key to appear again before we can then move the original call. This is really hacking off my receptionists big time but I cannot see anyway to rid us of this. Blocking the forward function through config does not affect the alerting screen for an incoming call.

Help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

please ensure you read my reply and check the relevant FAQ post's.

The 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg files are used to load a configuration via the CONFIG_FILES="" section.

You do not add any configuration parameters inside the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg.

You can create an individual <mac>.cfg and then add the osdIncomingCall_disabled.cfg into  CONFIG_FILES="osdIncomingCall_enabled.cfg"

This way the phone boots and finds it's <mac>.cfg and then loads osdIncomingCall_disabled.cfg

Importing the osdIncomingCall_disabled.cfg via the Web Interface enables you to test this quickly on one individual phone.

For further details please utilize the FAQ posts or work with your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I just added a new FAQ post:

May 28, 2015 Question: Can I change the way an inbound call is presented on the screen of a VVX phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Have a look if this helps.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

The ability to do this sounds right but when I add the line:

<web up.osdIncomingCall.Enabled="0" />

to a specific <mac>.cfg for a test phone (which I can see being downloaded by the phone in the provisioning server log), I don't see any difference in the display when a call comes in or a second call comes in, both seem to still fill the entire screen for a few seconds then drop to a smaller line but the forward button remains for several more seconds. Can you give me a short example cfg so I know I'm placing this within the correct context in the cfg.

Thanks,

Matt

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You never add any configuration to the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg. These files are there to load individual or multiple configuration files.

Simply import the file via the Web Interface once unzipped

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Do I always need a Provisioning Server or can I configure a Phone via the Web Interface or via the Phone Gui?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

>You never add any configuration to the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg. These files are there to load individual or multiple configuration files.

Huh! surely once I have the configuration I would add it to the 0000000000000.cfg so that all my users get it? For testing of this deployment, would I not add it to a <mac>.cfg to ensure that provisioning this method works? To configure every extension via web is just not an option, I would spend all day for several days doing this. Crazy!

Thanks,

Matt

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

please ensure you read my reply and check the relevant FAQ post's.

The 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg files are used to load a configuration via the CONFIG_FILES="" section.

You do not add any configuration parameters inside the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg.

You can create an individual <mac>.cfg and then add the osdIncomingCall_disabled.cfg into  CONFIG_FILES="osdIncomingCall_enabled.cfg"

This way the phone boots and finds it's <mac>.cfg and then loads osdIncomingCall_disabled.cfg

Importing the osdIncomingCall_disabled.cfg via the Web Interface enables you to test this quickly on one individual phone.

For further details please utilize the FAQ posts or work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Ok, so this does work - I now see a small line incoming call and my transfer button stays avalaible - this solves my problem well.

Thanks Steffen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.