Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are evaluating deploying the Polycom VVX400 running UC 5.0 with Lync 2013 in our environment as a replacement for our current telephony solution. However, I am not impressed with the device at all when compared to its competitors (e.g. the SNOM 760). It is difficult to configure the DHCP options for this phone, the interface is not designed for Lync use, it retains too many of a traditional phone's feature settings that do not apply or work with Lync, it does not use DNS for configuration so no external access for road-warriors and Polycom support sucks! If I want support, I have to contact their partner. Their partner refuses to support the device unless I have a valid support contract! What a crock! And on top of all of that, my test users' biggest complaint is that they cannot assign their Lync contacts to be displayed on the idle screen or set the line buttons to dial them and neither can I!

I have done a fair amount of research on this and the only things I have found relate to UC 4 and most of it just says that the contacts automatically populate on the phone's idle screen! Well, not for us!

Anyone have a primer or a document or even just the steps to get the Lync contacts to populate the idle screen and allow the line buttons to be used to contact them?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Will_Smothers,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

May I remind you that this is the official Polycom community run by Polycom employees and partners so you may want to re-consider some of the content of your post once you read the Read First post => here <=

This professional forum is run by Polycom employees and is open to our partners as well as end customers.

As a moderator I would appreciate if we could keep the wording and content within professional limits.

The VVX400 support page contains the Using Polycom® VVX® Phones in a Microsoft® Lync™ Environment => here <=

Above explains:

Tip: Lync Contacts on the Home Screen If you want Lync contacts to display on your phone’s Home screen, pin them as Frequent Contacts in your Lync client on your computer.

You have not yet provided the information if you have used above outlined and documented procedure.

The Phone itself and any other Polycom phones run a software that offers a wide variety of compatibility of several SIP server.

The Microsoft® Lync™ Environment is just one of many and ensures the security, through the compatibility, of the customers initial investment.

The menu structure goes back several years and ensures instant familiarity for any company purchasing the latest Polycom phone models and secures that documentation matches multiple different phones.

Without any detailed comments what DHCP options you seem to be missing it will be difficult for anyone to comment.

In addition I am also unaware what you mean by using DNS for configuration.

The Polycom support structure ensures that we can deal in an efficient and professional manner with the entitled contacts.

I presume that you could always use the option for PPI support , a method used by many other companies. Free support within the warranty period is only provided to end customers via their reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.