Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey all,

So after my phone was provisioned (Vonage), I lost the ability to login to my phone as the default "456" wasn't working. Found out that Vonage changes this to your account number ... yet, that wasn't working either.

Called Vonage, and he said you have to access the phone in private browser tab. I did so, and yep ... that worked, weird. The style formatting of the site reverts to normal when incognito whereas if not, the site renders quite oddly.

Anyway, so now trying to learn the phone and simply remove all the extension shortcuts from my phone (one user, home office) and add speed dials. I went into the line configuration, added one test, phone rebooted and the new line showed up (among the other 13, ugh. Yet, now when I try to log back in, same issue ... site is rendered all funky and my password doesn't work. Now it doesn't matter If I'm incognito or not.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, VVX600 if it matters.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello adambean,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

I suggest your work with your Service Providers Support Team as they have changed the Admin Password and if you do not have access as an Admin you cannot change any settings.

Also what kind of browser are you using as some users posted issues with IE11 and had to add the IP of the Phone to a list.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
I've tried latest versions of IE, Chrome and Edge. Vonage states this is a Polycom issue. I'll call them back but it's typically a 25 minute minimum wait time.

Will retrieve software in a bit.
HP Recommended

Version: 4.1.6.4835

Thanks

HP Recommended

Unsure how/why; however, using Icognito, I can again login without making any changes on my end ... odd to say the least.

Is this normal? To have to use a private browsing session?

HP Recommended
Hello

4.1.6 is not a currently supported software version

Try 5.5.0 or 5.4.4

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I had the same issue, we thought that the admin password had been accidentally reset and lost. We completely reset the firmware using the cheatcodes at boot and the MAC for a password at boot and perofrmed a file system format and wiped everything.

It was still broken. Frustrated, I came here to search, and found the incognito mode work around.

I surmise this is because the cookie / token that the phone is issued when logging in is never cleared or never expires. Poor access management on the web interface. 

I suspect clearing cookies will fix it without incognito mode.

HP Recommended

Chrome Incognito worked, IE11 worked, but clearing cookies in Chrome did not work for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.