Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Is it possible to auto answer calls on the Soundstation IP5000? I don't see it in the webgui.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Guy

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @gwijnant ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Often a answer may depend on the currently used software version so therefore we do mention in the ReadMe1st and in the FAQ to always post this.

Not every setting is available in the Web UI and sometimes this also depends on the software and/or phone model.

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Nov 18, 2014 Question:Can I Auto Answer SIP and/or H.323 Calls on VVX Business Media Phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

<autoAnswer call.autoAnswer.SIP="1" />

Save the above as any filename with the ending .cfg and import via the web interface

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your quick response!.

I have added the following config to a cfg file: 

<autoAnswer call.autoAnswer.SIP="1" />

I have then uploaded the cfg file, rebooted the Soundstation and tested but it does not automatically pick up the call.

I have exported the config file to see if the line was in the config and it is (as you can see in the Export_all file that was exported from the Soundstation).

FYI I have updated to the latest firmware: 4.1.1.0934.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Guy

HP Recommended

4.1.1 is not an openSIP software. It is for Lync only. 4.0.15 is the currently latest supported software. Upgrade and try again

replied via a mobile device 

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I have upgraded to software version 4.0.15.1009 but still it does not Auto Answer the call.

I checked if the config line was still there and it was.

Best Regards,

Guy

HP Recommended

Hello @gwijnant ,

We must therefore assume this feature is not designed for SoundStation phones. Can you not add a SIP header as described in:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for troubleshooting this case with me, really appreciate it.

I don't have much experience so I dont know what you are trying to say with adding a SIP header.

Currently the code is in:

<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL
call.autoAnswer.SIP="1"
/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

Do you want it to look like this:

<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL
<voIpProt>
<voIpProt.SIP>
call.autoAnswer.SIP="1"
</voIpProt.SIP>
</voIpProt>
/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

Best Regards,

Guy

HP Recommended

Hello @gwijnant ,

As outlined in my earlier reply it seems the parameter is not designed for our Conference Phone range so therefore the SIP server would need to send a special SIP INFO Header as outlined in the attached quoted FAQ.

This completely depends on your SIP server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We do not have a SIP server that can do this.

Is it possible to implement the Auto-Answer feature in the Polycom Soundstation firmware or do you have another solution besides replacing the Polycom Soundstations.

Best Regards,

Guy

HP Recommended

Hello @gwijnant ,

no there are no more feature enhancements planned. The SoundStation will only receive security-related updates and bug fixes as this range of phones are near the end of life.

The only option I could think of is something like a Raspberry PI or an older PABX where you could use the phones credentials to register towards your existing PABX and then create a user that has Auto-Answer in the SIP Info as described in the above FAQ.

There is no other way

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.