Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've been trying to figure out lately if there is a way to make a Soundpoint IP 650  auto answer at a point after it starts ringing. Basically, it's something like this...

1. I use sipp to send an INVITE to the polycom, polycom sends trying/ringing back.

2. I leave the Polycom ringing for 4 seconds.

3. I have sipp send an UPDATE, an INFO, etc containing an Alert-Info: Auto Answer header (on a fresh invite my phone is configured to immediately answer these without ringing), but so far everything I've tried has been rejected by the phone.

Is there a way to do this? Right now we've been working around it by starting a fresh call to the Polycom with auto-answer and terminating the original call, but if I could just make the original call pick up instead that'd be cleaner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jonathan Rose,

I do not believe this is possible. To my knowledge we only look at the INFO-HEADER within an INVITE.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Jonathan Rose,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains in detail the different types of auto-answer that we support. You could simply use the ring-answer type.

In addition the UC Admin  Guide contains:

• Note:Using the SIP Alert-Info header to delay autoanswer
    If you set delay=0 in the SIP.alert-Info header, the phone immediately auto-answers incoming calls without ringing. If you set delay=x where x=time in seconds, the phone rings for that duration of time before auto-answering incoming calls

Example:

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="internal" 
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="delay=5"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the input, but adding a specific delay isn't really the intention. The intention is to be able to manually initiate the connection without actually touching the phone, which is why I was looking for a SIP method to add the auto answer property after the initial invite. Maybe there's another way to do that, but what I want is to have an external service remotely answer the phone without having to issue a separate invite. The specific delay in sipp is just being used to test it.

HP Recommended

Hello Jonathan Rose,

I do not believe this is possible. To my knowledge we only look at the INFO-HEADER within an INVITE.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I see. Well, thanks for letting me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.