Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

AutoAnswer all calls

Mangoman
Occasional Contributor

AutoAnswer all calls

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone may have any advice as to whether it is possible to set a phone (specifically Soundstation IP7000) to auto answer all calls.

I am looking to auto answer calls between two handsets which are URL dialing each other.

If i hook up the handset to asterisk and set up a group which sends an Alert-Info header, then i can get the phones to auto answer just fine, but aside from that i can't seem to work out whether its possible to auto answer every single incoming call.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: AutoAnswer all calls

Hello Martin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SSIP7000 does not offer that feature like our VVX Business Media Phones and is also not compatible with the latest UCS 5.2.0 Software that offers this Intercom feature without server support.

If these two phones are standalone and not connected to a SIP server I would simply suggest to get a raspberry Pi which can run asterisk or an old router and flashing it with ddwrt. with an Asterisk on it 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Mangoman
Occasional Contributor

Re: AutoAnswer all calls

Thanks for your help again Steffan.

I was beginning to think it was not possible. Ive got an old EEEBox i dont use anyway so i'll just use that to run up a server.

Cheers,

Martin

Message 3 of 3