Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Automate calls

gnhenderson72
Occasional Visitor

Automate calls

Hi everyone,

I am looking for way to automate testing of 331, 650 or 560 type voip phones using SIP. I have done some Google searches and haven't found anything. In a best case testing setup. I could interface the handset with a voice quality test system and make calls. In a step down from that setup I just make the phone make calls but with software somehow. I see a comm port, USB on the phones as well as expect there may be some type of way via SIP signal to inform the the phone to make a call. Would any one have some direction on any of this pie in the sky type scenarios?

Thanks,

Greg

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Automate calls

Hello gnhenderson72,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The USB port is for Call recording and the other port is used for internal debugging or the usage of a headset with an electronic hook switch.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 04, 2013 Question: Can I remotely control the Phone or send content to the Phone?

Answer: The <apps/> parameter can be used to utilize the push server controls and more information can be found => here <=

Above may be what you are after.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2