Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to setup blf for parking lot users. I want to be able to park a call and see the status red led on that parked call. and call retrieve from the blf. I've this this on VVX 400 and Polycom 650IP.

I've tried using:

<attendant attendant.reg="1"
attendant.resourceList.1.address="6146"
attendant.resourceList.1.label=""
attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata" />

If I have an active call and tap the BLF it performs a blind transfer, but I want it to perform a park instead. I also don't get the LED status on the BLF. If anyone has a sample config I can use, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Abe

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Abe,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Stating the above BroadWorks support should be able to advise you how to do this as the BroadWorks Server would be building the configuration for the phone.

Usually I would expect to assign the BLF functionality to specific park orbit's and then the phones should be able to see the parked calls.

My suggestion is to work with Broadsoft on this as they would have done the interoperability testing against our phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are loooking for the same solution if anyone has figured out a reasonable way to park on ploycom / broadsoft without using 2 different buttons to park and retireve ANd have an led indicator where a call is parked.

HP Recommended

There is no way. Since it does not seem possible to use Static BLF with broadsoft... you cannot modify the behavior of anything coming down on the ResourceList for Automata vs Normal. It's quite the pain and makes no sense because competitors can do it. Polycom is not providing enough releases and support for BroadSoft applications despite the gigantic install base there in favor of these S4B upgrades. 

Starting to make Service Providers on BroadSoft nervous about the OpenSIP Commitment. 

HP Recommended

Hello ryanboyer,

We have a serious commitment to our existing BroadSoft clients and any improvements or lack of feature parity simply need to be addressed the official way.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above outlines this in detail and has always been in place.

Please work with your Polycom SE or if this fails provide me with your details so I can forward this in the right region.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello all,

Just to add to this.

Since UC Software 5.3.0 we additionally have reg.X.enhancedCallPark.enabled.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We've found the solution seems to lie in splitting the Park/Retrieve paradigm into 3 categories:

Steffen and Polycom - great job with enhancements on visibilitiy of parked calls for retrieve, but we still need to work on a better ability to decide if a BLF key is used for a transfer and/or the ability to "Park" and "To VM" and then select BLF key to complete. Meanwhile, while we hope and wish, I realize Broadsoft doesn't support the Automata with regards to a transfer-style park.

So, here's what we offer folks:

1) Manual:

(using *86 and extension), but this is clunky, and requires initiation via Consultative transfer (and I prefer to default all phones to Blind since consult can be accomplished with a separate ext-ext call, thus preserving caller ID.

2) Using the Park Orbit concept.

Several of our customers will setup several park orbit extensions (do not need to be Executive seats; can be just Advanced), and then we will leverage BLF/Call Park Notifications in Broadsoft for the BLF list.

Then, based on the extensions they use, we create several softkeys to reference those BLF. We can work a little more magic in the softkey than we can with a transfer- the call can be initiated out the primary active line this coming as an Invite (vs Refer on Blind Transfer; if Blind is initiated with *86 call fails or only parks on user's extension)

We use custom Broadworks tags, so the syntax below for the sofkeys may need to be modified for your usage/access to xml provisioning files.

<softkey softkey.1.label="Park 1" softkey.1.action="*86801$Tinvite$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.use.hold="1" softkey.1.use.active="1" />

<softkey softkey.2.label="Park 2" softkey.2.action="*86802$Tinvite$" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.precede="1" softkey.2.use.hold="1" softkey.2.use.active="1" />

<softkey softkey.3.label="P/U 1" softkey.3.action="*88$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$801#" softkey.3.enable="1" softkey.3.precede="1" softkey.3.use.hold="1" softkey.3.use.idle="1" />

<softkey softkey.4.label="P/U 2" softkey.4.action="*88$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$802#" softkey.4.enable="1" softkey.4.precede="1" softkey.4.use.hold="1" softkey.4.use.idle="1" />

Note the Cwaitconnect - this allows for dialing a number, then issuing an input string once connected. This is extremely useful for Conference Bridge login automation, as well as custom Voicemail dial-in (i.e. if user dials into another extension on the regular.

Steffen - can you confirm we can now shorten Cwaitconnect to Cwc or would that break my syntax?

Note also in this example that we are careful in our labelling so as to not confuse customers. The orbits are labelled "CP 1" and "CP 2" in Broadsoft, the Softkeys are labelled for Park and Pickup (even though technically this is not a retrieve, end customers seem to percieve park/pickup though you could also build a key for *97 and an extension to automate actual Directed Call Pickup, but I digress.

Method 3 - Just buy the expansion module already!

The 3rd method we have seen work *Wonderfully!!* for single-button Park as well as To VM transfers is to implement a sidecar. Through multiple "pages", users BLF (for straight transfer) we list on one page, then on the 2nd page we program in local fav's (or communicator favs via UC One) for Park.. Simply enter the contact as *86[user ext]# and label "Park Mary", "Park Steffen", etc.  Same thing with the *55 direct-to-VM transfer.

Of course, the Expansion Module costs as much if not more than the VVX600, but if you have someone who really wants one-button automation, for a little initial setup and cost they could have years of happy Parking and Transferring!

Hope this was helpful!! 🙂

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention in my last post that in the "Method 3" I described, the P/U softkey is replaced with a single one that dials *88, waits to connect, and enters # to retrieve against the user's extension. If Enhanced Call Park is enabled as Steffen has described, user can also Retrieve via the Park Info screen if so desired.

HP Recommended

Hello @Danny_Unger_360,

I am unsure what the purpose of your post is but please bear in mind that our BroadSoft implementation is as is aka working as designed.

• Is this reply to educate others on the usage?
    or
  • Complain about a missing feature? Please go the feature request way
    or
  • What is it about?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi, Steffen, the purpose of the post was to show some in-field ways we've found to accomplish some one-button "to Park" and "to VM" using Polycom with default Transfer Type set to Blind but still able to select extensions in Broadsoft using the syntax of the softkeys.

So to answer your question, it was:

• Is this reply to educate others on the usage? 95%
  • Identifiy that we have heard from end users that they would like to be able to configure a BLF key such that it initiates a Call Park on that BLF user instead of transferring. Or, say, a short press for Transfer, and a long press for Call Park (could be programmed via * codes (i.e. feature request) 5%

It is hopeful that the tone of the post was conveyed accurately.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.