Hi Support Team,
We are using Polycom Hot Desking functionality. Our Network provider is Broadsoft UK .
In Polycom Hot Desking functionality Guest terminal can use the Line Monitor functionality (Guest can monitor the other VOIP terminal lines).
Our System uses subscriber as entity on which we can add the VOIP terminal which gets registered on Broadsoft Network.
Following is the concern related to Line Monitor in case of Polycom VOIP terminal.
1) We have subscriber let say X and this subscriber has two Polycom VOIP terminal called T1 and T2.
2) We add Line Monitors for monitoring the lines of terminal i.e. (T3,T4,T5,T6,T7) from Polycom Terminal T1 it gets synced on Broadsoft Network in Busy Lamp field area list for subscriber X.
3) We add Line Monitors for monitoring the lines of terminal i.e. (T8,T9,T10,T11,T12) from Polycom Terminal T2 it also gets synced on Broadsoft Network in Busy Lamp field area list for subscriber X.
4) Now Subscriber X has 10 terminal on Busy Lamp field area list in Broadsoft Network.
5) When we activate the Polycom terminal T2 and can see that it is showing the Line Monitor for (T3,T4,T5,T6,T7) rather then it should show the Line Monitors of (T8,T9,T10,T11,T12).
6) Broadsoft has limitation that it cannot differentiate that which line Monitor should be shown on which Polycom Terminal.
7) It takes the initial 5 from Busy Lamp field area list from Broadsoft Network. That’s why it is showing Polycom Terminal T1’s Line Monitor on Polycom Terminal T2.
Can you help me for following query:
1) Can we have some logic in Polycom terminal configuration file itself for managing the Line Monitor then it should show the correct Line Monitor on each Polycom VOIP Terminal ?
Thanks in Advance
Hello Shashank Atre,
welcome to the Polycom Community.
It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.
Please also include the phone model.
This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.
The above is also stated in the "Read First"
Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:
Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here
To my knowledge the Broadworks BLF works via the phone subscribing to a URI which is setup on the BroadWorks server and includes the Extensions that should be monitored.
The phone then subscribes to this URI and the BroadWorks server sends a notify with the Extensions added.
If there is a requirement for different types of extensions to be part of a BLF group these would require to be setup differently.
BroadWorks should be able to assist you on this in case I misunderstand this.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services