Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Been testing all the Porta features on the new VVX phones and everything works except I can’t get the BLF’s to do a call pickup when the BLF is flashing.

So VVX monitoring account 8094, 8094 starts ringing, the BLF on the VVX starts flashing and I want to be able to press the flashing BLF to answer the call ringing on 8094, so the VVX needs to dial 903 8094 to do a direct call pickup when the button is flashing but only dial 8094 when the button is pressed when idle.

Is this possible and do you know what settings I need to apply to the config to make this happen?

It is possible on the Yealink’s so would be surprised if not possible on the Polycoms.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Ruben,

welcome back.

A good practice is to always post the currently used software version as this post may be found in the future and other users are then not aware what software was this tested against.

It is also useful to provide the phone model this was tested against.

Please also ensure to follow up post's that had been replied to by community members in order to provide the relevant feedback.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above post explains this basic functionality in great detail.

The standard functionality used is legacy and the code used is *97. We also support native and this would utilize a SIP INVITE with a replaces header.

For more details please consult your Polycom Admin Guide and / or follow this up with your Polycom reseller / Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Here is another test.

I called ext 8093 from 8097 and tried to pick the call up from the VVX on ext 8090 (ip 192.168.101.168). As you can see in the attached trace taken from the on-site SBC, in packet 987 when the blf is pressed on the VXX, it sends an invite to 9038097 (calling ext) instead of 9038093 (ringing ext).

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello Ruben,

I previously replied with the following:

"A good practice is to always post the currently used software version as this post may be found in the future and other users are then not aware what software was this tested against.

It is also useful to provide the phone model this was tested against."

So far you have not provided any of the above.

I in addition replied:

"The standard functionality used is legacy and the code used is *97. We also support native and this would utilize a SIP INVITE with a replaces header."

Again you have not provided any information what method you are using.

There is no trace attached and in my role as a Polycom employee I am unable to provide free support through the community.

Please ensure to follow up on the asked question so other community members can attempt to help you or as already advised before:

"follow this up with your Polycom reseller / Polycom support."

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.