Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When using attendant.resourceList on CCX handsets, the full resourcelist address is displayed below the label on the handset. Is there any way to hide the blf server address information?

For example, if the following parameters are configured:

attendant.resourceList.1.label="User Name 123"
attendant.resourceList.1.address="sip:123@server.com" 

The BLF displays the following:

User Name 123

sip:123@server.com

How do we remove or hide the server address from the display?

We are not sure why the inconsistency with this feature between different phone model lines. For example VVX series only displays the label but CCX series is displaying the label as well as the server address. This is not useful as it is technical information that should not be visible to a lay user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @GeorgeN2 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

First of all it would be helpful to provide the software version being used on all phones models. This is also outlined in the FAQ and ReadMeFirst.

This helps us, volunteers, not to chase this data when answering a post.

Secondly you can simply use:

<attendant attendant.resourceList.1.address="3032" attendant.resourceList.1.label="3032" />

aka not the full URL as long as the server is the same.

If this all fails for you and you still want this looked at please open a support ticket via your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @GeorgeN2 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

First of all it would be helpful to provide the software version being used on all phones models. This is also outlined in the FAQ and ReadMeFirst.

This helps us, volunteers, not to chase this data when answering a post.

Secondly you can simply use:

<attendant attendant.resourceList.1.address="3032" attendant.resourceList.1.label="3032" />

aka not the full URL as long as the server is the same.

If this all fails for you and you still want this looked at please open a support ticket via your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Though this does work for basic blf setups, it really isnt ideal. Thanks for your response. 

Will look into raising a support ticket.

HP Recommended

Hello @GeorgeN2 ,

please mention EN-199863 once the case has been raised.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @GeorgeN2 ,

I checked this internally and we added recently:

up.secondaryLineLabel="Disabled"

This is documented >here<

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for following up on this. Unfortunately this parameter only applies to Line keys and not BLF.

up.secondaryLineLabel="Disabled"

It would be great if such a parameter existed to hide the address of record for BLF keys.

HP Recommended

Hello @GeorgeN2 

did you test this as the engineer dealing with this ticket specifically mentioned this as the solution?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Yes absolutely. Tested it on CCX firmware version 6.2.23

This parameter only works on Line keys not BLF.

HP Recommended

Hello @GeorgeN2 ,

6.2.x is not really a supported version anymore as we already released UC Software 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 and will release today 7.0.2

I tested the above-suggested parameter with 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 and it works as instructed.

If you still see the issue and/or are unable to utilize the originally provided workaround please get this into support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Tested and confirmed, This parameter works also on BLF keys on version 7.0.1 and will hide the server address information associated with a BLF user. However, a bug seems to have been introduced...

BLF keys are no longer refreshing back to idle, they will continually display that a monitored user to be busy even after they have returned to an idle state.

Setting up.secondaryLineLabel to "Enabled" fixes this issue. ie. bug is introduced directly by setting to "Disabled".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.