Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Phonetype : polycom vvx500

version      :  5.5.0.20556

The problem here is..I have two polycom phones, in one phone i have a monitored user and another i have a BLF line for that user. Even though the monitored user put the call on hold , BLF line for that user still showing solid red bar instead of blinking red. 

I tested with yealink phones ,its perfectly showing blinking red..If this feature is lagging in polycom phones let me know.

Thanking you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Harishyadav1465,

as you still have not provided the minimum required information I am assuming your call server does not support the way we are doing this at present.

We are looking at supporting the display of BLF hold state in a future software version providing the call control server in use allows the sip.rendering attribute in signaling and you can look into RFC 7463.

As we cannot talk about unreleased software in this community I suggest you work with your Polycom reseller to be brought in touch with a Polycom Sales Engineer.

Please reference ENH-3490 when doing so.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

By the way in polycom soundpoint also its not working.

HP Recommended

Hello @Harishyadav1465,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Both the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP, Skype for Business, Lync)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details

Whilst providing these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used. In addition other details allow us to look up a potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

In addition please ensure you are always using the latest currently supported software version.

• For the VVX this would be UC Software 5.8.1
  • For SoundPoint or SoundStation IP this would be UC Software 4.0.14

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Phonetype                    :  polycom vvx500

Uc software version     :   5.5.0.20556

The above mentioned functionality is not worked at all in the Uc software versions i have used.

HP Recommended

Hello @Harishyadav1465,

as already stated you are using an unsupported software and in addition have not provided any of the required details.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You can follow the above FAQ and maybe provide some logs to other community member.

If you need support please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

Below is the Required info of the Phone (For VVX 500):

Phone Model                            :     VVX 500

Part Number                             :     3111-44500-001

Rev                                             :     A

MAC Address                            :     00:04:F2:D1:58:25

IP Mode                                      :    IPv4

UC Software Version              :     5.8.1.6389

Updater Version                       :     5.9.6.6357

Camera Software Version      :     1.0.0

Thank you

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello @Harishyadav1465,

as you still have not provided the minimum required information I am assuming your call server does not support the way we are doing this at present.

We are looking at supporting the display of BLF hold state in a future software version providing the call control server in use allows the sip.rendering attribute in signaling and you can look into RFC 7463.

As we cannot talk about unreleased software in this community I suggest you work with your Polycom reseller to be brought in touch with a Polycom Sales Engineer.

Please reference ENH-3490 when doing so.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello all,

we have released UC Software 5.9.0 and this adds the following

attendant.displayHoldState.enable="1"

In addition a Hold Tone will be played on the monitoring phone. Please check the 5.9.0 Release Notes for details.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for the Info ..look foraward to test it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.