Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

BLF issues.

Highlighted
Advisor

BLF issues.

Hello Community!

I'm having an issue whereby, we register the phone to a load balancer, this then assigns a sip server from a pool of 4 servers - all of which has presence enabled.

If I register to a specifc sip server,  I can receive status updates through presence about other phones on our network on my VVX310 . But, if I point at the load balancer, then I cannot receive updates like - phone ringing, phone busy etc

Do you know, why this might happen, only for Polycom phones, and no others (Snom, Yealink, Grandstream etc....)?

Many many thanks!

Joe

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: BLF issues.

Just to add to this, the line keys monitoring other extensions, are monitoing for a specific amount of time, then it seems like they're timing out. I  think this is to do with DNS settings on the phone, but still haven't worked out how to configure the VVX310 to keep this registration and not poll for a new one, therefore breaking the presence relationship.

Any help would be great, even just a hint at where to start looking.

Cheers, Joe

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: BLF issues.

Hello joethejones,

• Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Set to DEBUG
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > DNS > Set to DEBUG
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > SIP > Set to DEBUG

Ensure your FTP / HTTP Server allows to append the logs and ensure the Upload Append Size Limit (Kbytes) is set to at least a couple of megabytes.

Siphon Networks Ltd would be your Tier 1 support contact.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 3