Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm trying to setup BLF. Here's my config:

feature.urlDialing.enabled="1"

feature.presence.enabled="1"

attendant attendant.reg="1"

attendant.ringType="ringer6"
attendant.resourceList.1.address="100"
attendant.resourceList.2.address="111"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Ext 100"
attendant.resourceList.2.label="Ext 111"

attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.automata="1"

attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.normal="1"
attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="0"

attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="1"

The problem is whatever I do I can't get the spontaneous call appearance to work. It works as though it's disabled.

When extension 100 is ringing I see the ringing icon on the screen, I can press and hold the line button and see the caller and callee information, but the phone does not provide and ringing indication (should be ringer6) and no information appears on the screen spontaneously.

I've spent some time googling and I don't see anybody complaining about this behaviour, so my guess is I'm doing something wrong,

but I have no idea what and would appreciate some help.

The phones I'm using are SPIP650 with UCS 4.0.4 and VVX400 with UCS 4.1.4, both showing identical behaviour.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing how you provision your phone or if there are any issues reported in the logs I would suggest you backup the configuration via the Web Interface and check and compare this.

The Community FAQ shows a simple BLF configuration as an example that can be used.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

No, unfortunately this reply doesn't help me at all.

There's no issues reported in the logs or through phone UI (Menu->Status->Platform->Configuration).

The phones are centrally provisioned through https if that matters.

I have shown the config parameters i'm pushing to the phones and as far as I can see they do correspond to admin guide and to example found in FAQ.

BTW, I did the full config upload and I do see all non-default parameters I'm trying to set.

I'm at loss now and that's why I'm asking for help.

Does anybody have any ideas?

I can also upload the full config if somebody wants to look at it.

Thanks

Michael

HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

most of your parameters are standard values and therefore do not need to be provisioned at all.

Looking at feature.presence.enabled this is not a needed feature for BLF and is usually not activated.

I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

I've shown default parameters so it's clear what I'm trying to do. I wasn't sure if "feature.presence" is relevant to BLF, but it's enabled because I'm using presence (buddies) as well.

Anyway I've posted it here in the hope that I'm missing something obvious. If that's not the case I'll go ahead and open support request.

Thanks,

Michael

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.