Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I'm starting with Polycom configs and it's also my first time posting so bear with me 🙂

I was asked to make this scenario happen:

VVX410 with 3 expansion modules

They want to answer a call and press one of the line numbers to do an attended transfer to a receipient.

At this point they can:

- Transfer the call by hanging the call with the receipient or by pressing the transfer button (but not have to chose the number to transfer to)

- Cancel the call with the receipient to talk to the initial caller

I managed to add the BLF users to the line buttons but can't make the transfer work as intended. When I press transfer it will ask for where to transfer to and if I hang up it will just stop the call with the receipient.

Is this possible at all and if so how would I go into this?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @CLiFoS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

To answer your real question would you not simply press transfer and then the relevant key for the extension?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for you reply,

Phone Model VVX 410

UC Software Version 5.7.1.2205

Yes, it will work if I:

- on an active call

- press transfer (caller on hold)

- press list- press the BLF button (calls the receipient)

- press transfer again or cancel to return to caller

I was wondering if I can automate this to press the BLF button directly from the caller's call and then press transfer, so:

- on an active call

- press BLF button (puts caller on hold and calls the receipient)

- press transfer or cancel to return to caller

It sounds silly but it's what the client wants... Need I say more?

Carlos

HP Recommended

Hello @CLiFoS,

this is the factory default.

From the UC Software 5.7.0 Admin Guide page 369:

• Specifying the type of monitored resource as normal or automata changes the default actions of key presses. Enter normal as the resource type if the monitored resource type is a phone and automata as the resource type if the monitored resource type is, for example, a call orbit.
    If you select normal , pressing the BLF line key places an active call on hold before dialing the selected BLF phone.
    If you select automata , pressing the BLF line key immediately transfers active calls to that resource.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen.

Correct me if I'm wrong but configuring the type to automata would perform a blind transfer, correct?

As I mentioned, we want to perfor an attended transfer.

Carlos

HP Recommended

Hello @CLiFoS,

yes both working scenarios have been explained.

Your customer could go down the Feature Request route :

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.