Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Is there any way for a Polycom VVX500 to automatically pair with the BToE connector following a PC reboot or will all users have to manually go to 'BToE' - > 'Pair' on the phone menu each morning?

Also, is there anyway that the BToE connector application can be set to run as an automatic background service or start automatically when windows starts or does it have to be added to the startup folder/scripted to run in a logon script?

Many thanks,

Nick.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I would also like to know how to do this.

Also is it just me or dose this app have to be run with local admin.??

How would an end user run this app if they dont have local admin??

HP Recommended

Hello all,

Any issues with the newly released BToE need to be raised via your Polycom Reseller and / or Polycom support directly.

As far as I am aware Auto Login is currently not yet supported. Auto start should be possible via adding a shortcut of the application to the startup folder.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

SteffenBaieruk you didn't answer how to get the connector app working without Local Admin.

HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

local admin rights is the current requirement of the Software.

Any change to this needs to be raised as a feature request or at least a service ticket raised via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have already rasied the ticket., and support closed the ticket saying there was nothing they could do. they said they will raise the issue with the eng staff.

HP Recommended

Hello,

what is the Ticket number so we can track this?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Check your PM

HP Recommended

Ensure you're on v2.0.0 it allows the automatic startup functionality and also fixes a problem whereby if you put v1.0.0 in the startup folder, the VVX device can take over any other Lync devices you have plugged in, headset, etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.