Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Community,

I'm considering purchasing the VVX 500 phones for our reception, and using the BToE with Lync 2013.

Our situation is that one receptionist will log out of the reception machine to go to lunch, and another one will log in.  They log in as themselves, not as a generic user, and they both have their own account in Lync.  Reception calls are handled via IVR.

My question is how the BToE pairing works in this situation. 

When the first receptionist logs out, does it unpair the phone?

When the second logs in, and they provide their lync credentials to BToE, does it configure the phone with the second receptionist's number/account and pair the BToE?

Any catches or issues?

Regards,

Glenn.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Glenn,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You should look at the following parameter:

feature.lyncbtoe.autosignin.signoff.enabled="1"

If you add the above to your configuration the signing out of one account on the PC will trigger the Phone to sign out too. Signing in with another username will then prompt the LYNC client to request the Single Sign In credentials again.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.