Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

BWMACADDRESS File

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

BWMACADDRESS File

When considering the attached master configuration files, walk me through the flow of things. My understanding and thought process must be slightly off as it's not working as expected. The APP_FILE_PATH at the start of the file calls for an app version that will work with both devices.

The APP_FILE_PATH_VVX6xx calls for different app versions for the two devices. For example, if a VVX601 can not locate 3111-48600-001.6.1.0.sip.ld, my understanding is that it would revert to looking for 5.8.1.sip.ld. That does not appear to be the case.

%APP_VERSION% Resolves to 5.8.1
%APP_VERSION_VVX-600% Resolves to 5.9.4
%APP_VERSION_VVX-601% Resolves to 6.1.0

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: BWMACADDRESS File

Hello @DavidD ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I have no idea what Broadsoft does on their end so you may want to work with them directly.

Adding a device name to any of these "sections" will always append the right part number.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I use substitutions when I provisioning my Phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I guess my question is which will the phone attempt to resolve first, APP_FILE_PATH or APP_FILE_PATH_VVX601?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @DavidD 

as stated here:

• Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you specify an individual phone model it would use for all other VVX, Trio and CX5500 models the 1st line and the _VVX300 would use the 2nd line starting with <APPLICATION_VVX300

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4