Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I know this might be a popular topic but I must have 100% clarification as I am planning to update thousands of Polycom phones

I am trying to eliminate using background logos I believe its causing some screen issues I would rather use the background image itself and have a background image with a logo on it, I am using 4.0.3 and I would like to clarify the best and suggest that way to do it,  this is what I currently got 450 uses medRes and 550/560/650 uses hiRes is this the best and correct way and can someone give me the codes for the VVX300.

Also the current code if it's correct and is there any settings i could eliminat in order to achieve the background image, or all the following codes is the minimum needed to have it function properly.

<bg>
<bg.hiRes>
<bg.hiRes.gray bg.hiRes.gray.selection="3,2">
<bg.hiRes.gray.bm bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.adj="" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.name="test.jpg">
<bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.em bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.em.name="test.jpg" />
</bg.hiRes.gray.bm>
</bg.hiRes.gray>
</bg.hiRes>
<bg.medRes>
<bg.medRes.gray>
<bg.medRes.gray.bm bg.medRes.gray.bm.2.name="test.jpg" bg.medRes.gray.selection="3,2"/>
</bg.medRes.gray>
</bg.medRes>
</bg>

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Anyone familiar with this topic who could help. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello ykvo,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Could you please ensure to provide some feedback if the replies to your prior post's has helped you so other users can profit from your experience?

The community's VoIP FAQ contains these post's here:

Feb 2, 2012 Question: How can I change the factory provide screen background JPG's?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I use substitutions when I provisioning my Phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If above, the Admin Guide or any additionally available guides are not sufficient enough you may want to consider contacting your Polycom reseller and / or Polycom support directly.

As you are using thousands of Polycom phones you may want to consider working with Polycom professional services in addition.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are using the latest firmware 4.0.3

For the Polycom IP 550 we are using the background to provide the logo using the following code.

<bg>
<bg.hiRes>
<bg.hiRes.gray bg.hiRes.gray.selection="3,2">
<bg.hiRes.gray.bm bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.adj="" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.name="logo550.jpg">
<bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.em bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.em.name="logo550.jpg"/>
</bg.hiRes.gray.bm>
</bg.hiRes.gray>
</bg.hiRes>
</bg>

How could we replace the default background image for the 550 650 only to be logo550.jpg

Using the Polycom IP 450 we would like to use just a logo but not provide the logo with the background, on the older configuration we used the following but it doesn't seem to be working on the new version 4.0.3

<bitmaps>
<IP_450 bitmap.IP_450.1.name="logo2tone450"/>
</bitmaps>
<indicators
ind.idleDisplay.enabled="1">
</indicators>
<IP_450>
<IDLE_DISPLAY ind.anim.IP_450.29.frame.1.bitmap="logo2tone450" ind.anim.IP_450.29.frame.1.duration="0"/>
</IP_450>

To summarize I need the following 2 items using firmware 4.0.3

1. To change the default background image for the 550 650
2. To specify a logo to be used for the 450 only

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello ykvo,

As already mentioned in my prior reply please ensure to provide some feedback if the replies to your prior => post's <= has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

At present, if using SIP only, UCS 4.0.4 is the latest available software.

I have already provided an explanation how to use => substitution <= when changing certain parameters for certain models only.

If you have older parameters that no longer work with the new UCS software you can either consult the matching admin guide or utilize the => cfcUtility <= to convert "old" configuration files into the new format (if applicable)

As already mentioned, as you are using thousands of Polycom phones for your paying customer, you may want to consider working with Polycom professional services in addition if above provided information is still not sufficient for yourselves.

Any further follow up questions should be raised with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.