Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Black screen with Airplay

Occasional Advisor

Black screen with Airplay

Hello,

I'm running few Trio's 8800 (5.7.2) paired with Group 310 (6.1.9) and whenever I use Airplay the connection seems to go through but all I can see is a black screen with the time counter of the session at the bottom. This must be a known issue since this is happening to all of my units.

I have other Trio's 8800 paired with the Visual+ and the Airplay works fine there.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Black screen with Airplay

Hello @geirisaem,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Oct 11, 2018 Question: Unable to enable Airplay or Wireless Display when a Trio is paired with a GroupSeries / VisualPro?

Resolution: When using a GroupSeries / VisualPro compatibility with the above can be archived using a Polycom Pano.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steffen

So a Pano device is required when using Group / Trio in order to get Airplay capabilities that worked fine with Trio / Visual+?

Wireless Display(Miracast) works fine btw.

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @geirisaem,

As already explained and shared from the FAQ the Polycom RealPresence Group Series, Version 6.1.9 Release notes also contain:

• Sharing Content Using AirPlay- and Miracast-Certified Devices
    When paired with a Trio VisualPro or RealPresence Group Series system, sharing content to the Polycom Trio system with an AirPlay- or Miracast-certified device is not supported.

In addition from the Data Sheet:

• Polycom Pano support Polycom Pano Content App only Polycom Pano may be connected via HDMI in for sharing up to 4 content streams, as well as support for Apple Airplay and Miracast enabled devices, annotation and touch displays are also supported.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.