Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Blind Transfer Softkey Issue

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Blind Transfer Softkey Issue

I'm using the 3CX PBX and am attempting to create a softkey for parking a call.  We are using Polycom 450's.  Call parking with 3CX requires that the call be blind transfered to *0<digit>.  My idea is to create a macro that prompts the user for a digit between 0-9, and then executes a blind transfer to *0<digit>. I'm having an issue getting this to work with a macro although it works fine if I execute the steps manually.

The steps are as follows.
1. Initiate the transfer
2. Trigger the "More" softkey
3. Trigger the "Blind" softkey
4. Send the extension (*0<digit>)

With a pause added between each of the steps, I can see that everything goes well until the extension is entered. At that point, I get a rapid busy sound. Since this works great manually, there must be something simple that I'm missing. any ideas?

The following is from my config file....

<efk>
<efklist
efk.efklist.1.mname="callpark"
efk.efklist.1.status="1"
efk.efklist.1.label="Call Park"
efk.efklist.1.action.string="$FTransfer$$Cpause1$$FSoftKey4$$Cpause1$$FSoftKey2$$Cpause2$*0$P1N1$"

efk.efklist.2.mname="callpickup"
efk.efklist.2.status="1"
efk.efklist.2.label="Call Pickup"
efk.efklist.2.action.string="*1$P1N1$"
/>
<efkprompt
efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
efk.efkprompt.1.label="Park Location (0-9): "
efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible"
efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"
/>
</efk>

<softkey
softkey.1.label="Park"
softkey.1.action="!callpark"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.precede="1"
softkey.1.use.active="1"
softkey.1.use.alerting="0"
softkey.1.use.dialtone="0"
softkey.1.use.hold="1"
softkey.1.use.idle="0"
softkey.1.use.proceeding="0"
softkey.1.use.setup="0"

softkey.2.label="PickUp"
softkey.2.action="!callpickup"
softkey.2.enable="1"
softkey.2.precede="0"
softkey.2.use.active="0"
softkey.2.use.alerting="0"
softkey.2.use.dialtone="0"
softkey.2.use.hold="0"
softkey.2.use.idle="1"
softkey.2.use.proceeding="0"
softkey.2.use.setup="0"
/>

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Blind Transfer Softkey Issue

Spoiler

Hello OffTheRadar,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually I would advise you to contact your Polycom Reseller or contact Polycom Support in order to get this issue sorted but as our Documentation may not be 100% satisfactory to complete this I am posting below a working example.

This has been tested against UCS 3.3.2 and will need modification in order to work with SIP 3.2.x

Using this configuration I was able to Park calls and Pickup Calls from my 3CX Server in my lab:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- PlcmConversionCreatedFile version=1.2 converted=Thu Aug 18 13:10:05 2011 -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
  <feature feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" />
  <efk>
    <efk.efklist efk.efklist.1.label="Call Park" efk.efklist.1.mname="callpark" efk.efklist.1.status="1" efk.efklist.2.label="Call Pickup" efk.efklist.2.mname="callpickup" efk.efklist.2.status="1">
      <efk.efklist.1.action efk.efklist.1.action.string="*0$P1N1$$Trefer$" />
      <efk.efklist.2.action efk.efklist.2.action.string="*1$P1N1$" />
    </efk.efklist>
    <efk.efkprompt efk.efkprompt.1.label="Park Location (0-9): " efk.efkprompt.1.status="1" efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric" />
  </efk>
  <softkey softkey.1.action="!callpark" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Park" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.2.action="!callpickup" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.label="PickUp">
    <softkey.1.use softkey.1.use.active="1" softkey.1.use.hold="1" />
    <softkey.2.use softkey.2.use.idle="1" />
  </softkey>
  </polycomConfig>

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

That worked perfectly, thank you!  And much cleaner than simulating the key presses!

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello OffTheRadar,

could your mark this as a Accepted Solution if it has solved your Issues so other Community Users can find this post?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4