Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Polycom,

I've been testing the new UC5.3.0 software on a VVX300 in an OpenSIP environment and am happy to say it has fixed our issues with BLF, however now the default behavior of the blind transfer is now gone.

Instead of hitting Transfer and then the Blind softkey, my users must now press and hold the transfer button, push down, push select and then input their destination. I've combed through the release notes and do not see a way to restore the old functionality. Is there any way to do this?

Thank you,

Brion

NextLevel Internet

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the exact same question. Holding the transfer softkey to do a blind transfer is definitly not a good idea and really slow down the transfer process.

HP Recommended

if you use more often blind transfer, in 5.3 you can set this as default mode in the options

HP Recommended

I understand but I train must of my people to use the right transfer type depending on the situation. I would say most of my user us 60% of the time blind and 40% assisted transfer.

HP Recommended

I'm ok with you, for me it would be best to have two separate buttons, one for blind transfer, one for consultative

HP Recommended

Hello all,

this is all about the demand for these features and the configurability of individual features.

I can only suggest to work with your Polycom resellers so these features or requests can be worked with a Polycom sales engineer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have this same issue with all the VVX phones that have that version of firmware or higher. Thing is that they were used to using the Blind when they had the older firmware so for the new firmware to have it disappear is unacceptable. We need the softkey config entries that can at least put it back for us in the newer firmware please. As soon as possible. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Dave,

I don't think this will happen anytime soon. Polycom doesn't seem to listen to the community. Steffen will tell you to contact your reseller.

HP Recommended

Hello Dave Miller,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Nobody is forced to upgrade to a later version and we do comment on new / changed features within the release notes.

Example UC Software 5.3.0 Page 14:

• call.DefaultTransferType

The above parameter can be used to change from the default value of a Consultative transfer to a Blind transfer.

In addition simply pressing the transfer key log brings up the option to select blind instead.

So this gives you in my understanding either the option to select the older behavior or the choice for your customers.

Looking up your details seems to be a service provider so based on your Polycom phone install base should be in your interest to work closer with our sales team for these kind of queries.

@DavidG23

As already outlined back in April in my original reply myself or other Polycom employee's can only advice you on the official path on how to get changes requested in the field.

This is via a Feature Request and simply depends on the demand of a certain feature and our focus on supplying this.

Anyone can post within this community and demand all sorts of things but our Product managers have no idea if a feature which is being asked for is for a customer with a single Polycom phone or a large organisation with thousands or more.

Based on the above like anything else we need to prioritize these in regards of the demand.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above outlines this in detail and if you do not follow this up then we are unable to understand the requirement.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

In the pre 5.3 versions we were able to use the hard transfer button for attended transfers and create a softkey with a macro(efk) to do one-button blind transfers.  Is there a way to create a macro(efk) to perform a blind transfer in 5.4.3+?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.