Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I know that I can do a blind transfer by cklicking "Transfer"-"More"-"Blind", this works.

But when I read the user manual it should also work like this:

1 From Active Call, Lines, or Calls view, tap Transfer. The active call is held.
2 From the Dialer, place a call to the party you want to transfer the call to.
3 When you hear the ring-back sound, tap Transfer to complete the transfer. Or, if you want to talk with the person before the transfer completes, you can connect with the person, and then tap Transfer. To cancel the transfer before the call connects, tap Cancel.

So when I start a transfer as "Attended Transfer" and then decide to do it "blind" like described above, I don't get the "Transfer" Softkey when the other party is in ringing state, I only get it when it's in "connected" state.

Do I have to configure something differently?

Using 3CX and UC Software 4.0.2.11307

Thanks in advance

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Seems to be that it's this parameter, but if I insert this in config file, it doesn't get accepted in phone. If I download config from phone web portal this parameter misses:

<voIpProt.SIP    

voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding="1"   

/>

regards

Martin

HP Recommended

Hello Martin,

according to the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide:

voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding 0 to 1
If set to 1, a transfer can be completed during the proceeding state of a consultation call.
If set to 0, a transfer is not allowed during the proceeding state of a consultation call.

This parameter is standard and therefore will not be accepted as it is already applied.

I have not myself tested this scenario but usually your Polycom Reseller should be your support contact person and they can contact Polycom Support in your region to check this issue.

Another community member may reply but personal time restrictions wont allow me to play with this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.