Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Blipping noise when I plug in my SoundStation IP 4000

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Blipping noise when I plug in my SoundStation IP 4000

Hello,

Does anyone know why there is a blipping noise (sounds like heartbeat) when I plug in my SoundStation IP 4000? It was previously used by another company and so I am trying to plug it in to reset it. The screen flashes with the Polycom logo but nothing happens when I press any of the buttons.

Thanks!

Transformdigital

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Blipping noise when I plug in my SoundStation IP 4000

Hello Transformdigital,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Does any kind of menu appear or a cancel message ?

Not knowing the history of this device you may have a defective unit or incorrect power supply.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, Steffen! There is a blinking Polycom logo that flashes in and out along with red lights on top that blink in and out. The noise is a blipping heartbeat. We suspect it is either a defective power supply or the unit itself is broken.

Thanks for any further advice you have.

Transformdigital

Message 3 of 5
Frequent Advisor

How often do you hear that noise, sometime there is a voice mail reminder Noise like that

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

@transformdigital wrote:

The screen flashes with the Polycom logo but nothing happens when I press any of the buttons.

Hello Ayadov,

have a look at the orignal statement of the original poster.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 5