Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

My question in regarding the log files, when i look at a log file I am having hard time find the time and date on the logs, see example below:

000008.844|so   |*|01|---------- Initial log entry ----------
000008.844|so   |*|01|+++ Note that Updater log times are in GMT +++
000008.844|boot |*|01|Initial log entry. Current logging level 3
000008.844|copy |*|01|Initial log entry. Current logging level 3
000008.844|utilm|*|01|Initial log entry. Current logging level 4
000008.844|hw   |*|01|Initial log entry. Current logging level 4
000008.844|ethf |*|01|Initial log entry. Current logging level 4
000008.844|dns  |*|01|Initial log entry. Current logging level 3
000008.845|curl |*|01|Initial log entry. Current logging level 3
000008.845|sec  |*|01|Initial log entry. Current logging level 4

how can I tell what time this was? and also the date?

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Ayadov,

as already explained in my earlier post's the Admin Guide explains how to check the logs.

You still have not provided your currently used software version either.

• As stated in the Admin Guide the logs are in GMT

• The Time and Date Format is DDMMHHMMSS

In addition please post some follow ups or mark your old post's => here <=

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Ayadov,

if the phone receives a valid NTP server or has a time server configured it will display the logs in time and date correctly. Without this it is not possible to have a time in the logs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

looking at what I provided , can you tell what this numbers on the left represent?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello Ayadov,

they show the phone has been up for 8 seconds.

For further details I advise to check the chapter Reading a Boot Log within the SIP / UCS Admin guide on your yet unknown software version.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

The phone does have a valid NTP server and it show the right time and date on the phone but on the logs I am not sure whats its doing

HP Recommended

Hello Ayadov,

at the beginning of the boot process no network connectivity is established and therefore no time can be show.

Later during the boot process (40 seconds or later) the time will be populated.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello

Can  you tell me what is that mean in the log file?

CDP power usage is 5400 milliWatts

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Ayadov,

please be aware that this community is not a replacement for the Polycom support infrastructure.

As already explained please make yourself familiar with the matching Administrator guide for your yet unknown phone software.

If the above does not provide an explanation you should consult your Polycom reseller and / or Polycom support directly.

CDP is a acronym for the Cisco Discovery Protocol and the log entry that you quote is not shown in your original snippet.

It just logs the power usage of the phone that PoE provides to it.

Is there a specific issue you are experiencing as your last query is not related to your original post.

Please follow up the advise to consult the admin guide or work with your Polycom reseller if you require support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I still Never got answer to my Question about how to read the time, NTP is not the issue, see log below

0423005348|dns  |4|00|DNS(SRV) query now allowed after unresponsive for 50 (of 10) sec
0423005601|ares |4|00|aresDnsLookup: select time-out 1 on A lookup for sec
0423005601|ares |4|00|aresDnsLookup: select time-out 2 on A lookup for sec
0423005601|ares |4|00|aresDnsLookup: select time-out 3 on A lookup for sec
0423005601|ares |4|00|aresDnsLookup: select time-out 4 on A lookup for sec
0423005601|ares |4|00|aresDnsLookup: select time-out 5 on A lookup for sec
0423005601|ares |4|00|aresDnsLookup: select time-out 6 on A lookup for sec
0423005601|ares |4|00|aresDnsLookup: select time-out 7 on A lookup for 'sec

How and what time Zone is that Time?

Thank you
HP Recommended

Hello Ayadov,

as already explained in my earlier post's the Admin Guide explains how to check the logs.

You still have not provided your currently used software version either.

• As stated in the Admin Guide the logs are in GMT

• The Time and Date Format is DDMMHHMMSS

In addition please post some follow ups or mark your old post's => here <=

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.