Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is it possible to boot a vvx phone to the main screen without upgrading firmware? I ask because i would like to upgrade the phone however it does not like the tftp server configuration and i would like to use either the gui or BToE. Current firmware is post 5.0

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello J-mac,

Did you open a ticket for this issue => here <= and how did you fix this issue => here <=

It helps everyone if you update your topics before posting new ones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I sent the vvx d60 back and waiting for a new one. reason for no update on 1st post. For 2nd post on vvx 501 i would love to respond a fix thats why im asking if possible to boot a vvx phone to the main screen so I could upgrade via gui or BToE insted of tftp..

HP Recommended

Hello J-mac,

You cannot upgrade a phone via BToE.

In order for the phone not to be upgraded from TFTP but still using the TFTP for configuration simply change:

APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld"

into

APP_FILE_PATH=""

within the 000000000000.cfg

Boot the phone and upgrade via the Web Interface or simply setup a local FTP provisioning server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

ok so i tried with out sip.ld and with sip.ld and still no fix or boot to main screen.

HP Recommended

Hello J-mac,

The without sip:

000530.333|copy |3|01|Download of '000000000000.cfg' FAILED on attempt 3 (addr 1 of 1)

Your TFTP is playing up again so not sure. In addition the phone has not time so I do not know when this was made.

The with sip:

000038.561|cfg  |*|01|Prov|Starting to update sip.ld
000038.564|copy |3|01|'tftp://192.168.40.120/sip.ld' from '192.168.40.120'

Again no time so not sure when this was made or taken.

change

APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld"

into

APP_FILE_PATH="http://0.0.0.0/sip.ld"

and try again. If that fails simply remove the whole provisioning server and if that fails contact SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS who sold this phone back in 12/09/2016 for support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

still unable to boot to main screen.

HP Recommended

Hello J-mac,

You did not state that the phone is unable to boot and shows an error message.

000113.798|app1 |6|01|Error application is not present.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

You need to setup a local FTP server as obviosely your TFTP server does not work,

If this fails please work with your reseller as previosely explained.

Only they can open a ticket for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.