Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a few SoundStation IP 6000 phones that were running firmware 3.3.3 if I recall correctly. One unit died in a lightning storm, and the replacement unit came with UC 4.0.1 on it, and I used its GUI to upgrade to 4.0.11. Now it has:

UC Software Version 4.0.11.0583

BootROM Software Version 5.0.8.0935

So, I decided to upgrade the other 2 phones to match. I followed this tutorial to upgrade:

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Upgrade_Downgrade_UCS_v...

That left the phone with UC Software 4.0.1, so I used the GUI to upgrade, but now it has:

UC Software Version 4.0.11.0583

BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.10553

I think I want to upgrade the BootROM from 5.0.1 to 5.0.8 to match the new unit. (Or should I bring them all up to 5.0.11?) How can I upgrade the BootROM only, or is that even necessary for future UC software upgrades?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello EricG1793,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

You need your own local provisioning server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, I apprecitae the reply, but it doesn't answer the question. I'm already on UC 4.0.11. I'm looking to upgrade the BootROM ONLY. What files to do I need to download (and presumably put on the provisioning server) to make this happen?

HP Recommended
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

OK, I put those files in the TFTP server, but the phone doesn't update. But I just relaized that the part number on my phone is 2201-15600-001, but there is no filename matching that included in the 5.0.11 updater. But for that matter, it isn't even included in the BootROM 4.4.0 upgrader, so I'm confused about what the compatability actually is.

HP Recommended

Hello EricG1793,

Your Part Number is 3111-15600-001 and the downloaded file does contain a 3111-15600-001.updater.ld.

In addition you always need a SIP Software as this includes the 000000000000.cfg

So please either download the Split or Combined Version of UC Software 4.0.11 in addition and unzip both into a directory.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

OK, I was able to get the upgrade to complete. I guess I didn't do the right combination of downloading and extracting and copying files the first several times. What a process!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.