Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Bought VVX350 off Amazon and I can't access the web configuration utility.

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Bought VVX350 off Amazon and I can't access the web configuration utility.

New user - first post. This community looks like a great resource!

My company has been using Gsuite for the last couple of years and just started to use the Google Voice that now comes with G suite. This is the 'pro' version of Google Voice - https://cloud.google.com/voice/.  The Polycon VVX 350 OBI version is listed as a supported phone. I accidentally purchase the non OBI version of the VVX 350.  From what I've read I can install the OBI version of the software via the web interface, however I'm not able to access the web interface. I have 2 questions.

Is there a web configuration utility on the VVX 350? Is what I'm trying to do possible? If so, is there another way to do it without a web config utility?

The phone's IP is part of my private class C network 192.168.1.x

I put http://192.168.1.x into my browser window and get timeouts. I have tried to access the phone via multiple comuters.

The software version on the phone is:5.8.1.12848

No licenses installed.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Bought VVX350 off Amazon and I can't access the web configuration utility.

Hello @LarryBurns ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Mar 30, 2015 Question: Since upgrading to UCS 5.3.0 or later I can no longer access the Web Interface

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Utilizing the Poly community search I found this and this post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Steffen, 

That fixed it. I'm not in the configuration utility.

Now for the second part of my quest.

How can I download the OBI version of the software for the VVX 350? 

Would I also need to update the firmware?

Thanks again,

Larry

Message 3 of 6

Hello @LarryBurns ,

To my personal knowledge we, Poly, do not officially support this.

I can only refer to the Community search again where a user posted the steps.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Occasional Visitor

Could you link me to that solution? I'm having a hard time describing exactly what I'm trying to do.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Hello @LarryBurns ,

You want to flash a VVX UC Version into an Obi Edition as described => here <= or => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 6 of 6